Monday, September 30, 2013

William Joseph Current Mag Pack

Current Mag Pack

The current pack functions and feels just as sleek as it looks. The guys at Willy J put together yet another top notch product. When I'm purchasing fly fishing gear I look for companies that are willing to back their products with a lifetime warranty; after-all, I spend a lot of time on the water and I'm not known for being easy on my gear. I don't have time to baby my gear when there are fish to be caught. By the way, the current pack isn't the only thing they warranty for the life of the product- all William Joseph products have a lifetime warranty, and are based here in the great state of Utah.


The mag series packs feature no zippers, but a magnet seal for each pocket. I love the quick access by simply pulling the pockets open, and I will never leave a zipper open again realizing a few runs up river I've been dropping precious gear. A feature that isn't pointed out by Willy J is the fact that you can quickly turn the current chest pack into a comfortable sling pack if that's your thing. I personally like the pack at my chest and have my net hooked to the back. The current pack isn't made to hold every item of your gear on your person, but has plenty of room to get the job done for any day trip. I usually store a couple of nymph boxes and another box, switching between a box of dries or leach patterns (depending on the season) all in the main pocket. The small front pocket is perfect for leaders, while the side pockets are great for split shot, dry fly dressings, strike indicators etc. The organization isn't what's important, my point is there is plenty of room for the basic day trip goods. Going from a vest to a chest pack worried me in the comfort category, but the pack snugs comfortably on the back of your neck and you don't even realize it's there.

Overall, this is a fantastic product that will not let you down and is built to last.  If not, get ahold of William Joseph and they’ll prove their iron clad warranty.  I am in the market for a bigger pack so that I have room to carry back up reels, water bottles, more fly boxes etc to accommodate my clients and I will be most likely be purchasing another Willy J product (even with discounts on Orvis and Fishpond).







No comments:

Post a Comment