Tuesday, July 1, 2014

We love summer!

We have neglected posting for sometime and have committed to trying to stay more up to date. So here is a little update on what's been going on. The last few weeks have been anything short of phenomenal on our Southern Utah waters. The runoff has died down and the fish are hungry and very cooperative for anything looking tasty, be it on top, or subsurface. We are just now starting to see fish get a little more picky and key in on certain hatches. The caddis have been hatching in abundance several times a day with other bugs coming out to play as well. End of May there was a short couple weeks of salmon flies and large stoneflies; now we're seeing green drakes come out and play. A couple of evenings ago there was the staple caddis hatch, green drakes, yellow adult stones, and other smaller mayflies. Plenty of food + plenty of fish feeding = a lot of fun. I simply love this time of year. The fish cooperate and make you look like you know what you're doing, also making it fun to try new patterns. Interested in a guided trip? Contact us!






4 comments:

  1. Summer is looking good in Utah and here in Massachusetts. Thanks for running the sweet giveaway on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your great pics on Instagram. I have been learning the southern Utah fishery and you guys make me want to explore more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I whole heartedly agree with you, this time of year provides top quality fishing all over our beautiful state! I plan on floating a fly on the Weber river tomorrow, hopefully I will catch a beauty just like the ones above! Also, thank you for running the instagram giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utah dry fly fishing for aggressive browns is where it is at. I love and miss it so much but I did choose to join the navy so I kind of needed to go where they needed me. I still go back for vacations and fish every time.

    ReplyDelete